Monday, September 6, 2010

jaime's birthday!

September, 2010

Dear Family and Friends ~

This year I have decided to do something a little different for my birthday. I have been blessed in my life with as many “things” as I could possibly need… so this year, instead of gifts, I am asking for your help for what might be the coolest birthday present ever: clean water to communities of people who desperately need it!

My family and I are joining Charity: water’s September campaign. Hundreds of people like us are raising money to bring clean and safe drinking water to the Bayaka people in Central African Republic – one of the poorest and most remote countries in the world. Visit the site below to see a video about this campaign:

http://www.charitywater.org/september/

Right now, almost a billion people on the planet do not have access to clean, safe drinking water. That’s nearly one in eight of us.


Charity: water is a non-profit organization bringing clean, safe drinking water to people in developing nations. Here’s the amazing part: private donations have COMPLETELY covered ALL of the organizations administrative costs… so, that means that 100% of all public donations go to directly fund sustainable water solutions in areas of greatest need.

That’s right - 100% of the money raised will directly fund sustainable water projects!


We want to raise at least $5,000 to build a freshwater well in a village and provide 250+ people with clean drinking water.


If you would like to contribute you can donate on my personal campaign site. 100% of your donation will be directed to Central African Republic and in 12-18 months we will get proof of where our dollars are helping, and a link to the specific water project we contributed to on Google Maps.

It would mean so much to me, and my family if you pitched in to help us meet our goal - you can go straight to my fundraising page here:

http://mycharitywater.org/jaimesbday

Thank you for making this project a success!

Jaime

No comments:

Post a Comment